In my mission to perfect my breakfast muffins….here is attempt number 2. The wholemeal flour and oats make these muffins very filling and a great grab and run breakfast. They have a crumbly cake texture and would be scrummy with your morning coffee. Yummy warm out of the oven, split in half with a little butter for morning tea too.
- 1 + 1/3 of a Cup of Wholemeal Flour
- 2/3 of a Cup of Sugar
- 2/3 of a Cup of rolled oats (or two sachets of microwave porridge…any flavour you like)
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1/3 of a Cup of vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2/3 of a Cup of milk (I used soy but use whatever you have)
Place the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Place the wet ingredients in a smaller bowl or a jug and mix together gently. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined (don’t over mix it or you’ll get tough muffins).
Oven to 160 degrees C or 325 degrees F. Grease a 12 hole muffin pan or use muffin cases. Divide the mixture evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until they are slightly golden on top and spring back when you gently press on them.