I’m sure most people hop off the plane in London and are excited, probably completely whacked by the long flight too…but totally excited. Not this little cookie though! I drive myself mad sometimes! I have the cream of the crop of travel guide’s and resident guides (and I know they are the cream of the crop because I bought dud’s too!!) and I was so incredibly excited before arriving here. I have travelled overseas to a new place before (albeit last time I was 14 and had no real responsibility for myself!) so that wasn’t totally out of my realm of normal, but lo and behold I hermited and sooked like the last sausage in the frypan hiding under a layer of grease (and by grease I mean my hair….yeeeuk!).
I am now coming out of my greasy pit of wallow and am starting to feel a little more “normal”. Please note I am still very much on the verge of a relapse so I should enjoy the “up” whilst it lasts.
I have actually been sight seeing! Not necessarily the most touristy of sight seeing but the kind that suit’s Mitch and I:
- Cheap pub meal with a glass or two of wine
- Followed by a bit of wandering around and getting lost on the streets of London
- Stumbling across a cinema and making a spur of the moment decision to see something
- Finding Terminator Salvation a complete and utter piece of turd (I can’t believe they canned The Sarah Connor Chronicles…now there was a REAL John Connor and a believable storyline…).
- Still having been worth our time/money as we spent most of our lost wanderings in search of a way back home talking about the finer details of why the movie failed on every possible level
- Eventually finding our bearings and heading in the right direction
- Wandering past a Sainsbury’s and going in for snackies and water
- Spending a ridiculous amount of time admiring the spread of fruit and veg and the little things that are a bit different from home (Sainsbury’s seem to have a much wider range of fresh produce then Tesco).
- Encountering a rude lady who insisted it was me making their silly self checkout machine have a spack attack. Telling me off quite rudely!
- Smiling when she attempted to scan our toilet paper and realised the machine was faulty (she finished scanning through our items for us)….mwahahahaaa
- …and finishing up back in our tiny hotel room playing Super Mario Brothers
A few visits to Hyde Park now just for a wander! I still haven’t uploaded our videos of squirrels (I’m aware only my few family members who haven’t ever seen a squirrel before – like meeee! will find that interesting….but whatever!).
For a little while there Mitch had decided we best get used to the idea of going back home as the job hunt hasn’t turned a lot up…..this was probably when the first bit of pressure was relieved and I felt a little “lighter”….however things have picked up now! Fortunately for me he has stopped bugging me so much about me applying for a job asap……like I said, if he can’t get work there’s no point me getting any!!